1-grid.com is a fast-growing web hosting company in Cape Town with an established customer base, recently acquired by recognised leaders in the internet services industry. We have the vision and resources to be the market leader in SA in the next 5 years; this vision is supported by an entrepreneurial culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and top performance. We are looking for an Accountant to join our 1-Grid Team!
We’re looking for a highly skilled PHP Developer who will deliver results on time and write quality code. No ninjas, no rockstars – just someone who’s serious about their work, is a team player, and never met an array they couldn’t tame. Your role will be to work as part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for the full lifecycle of software development, from the initial specification to the development, testing, and launch process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Learn the business domain and participate in the requirements gathering process.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Build innovative, well-designed, and well-architected applications in collaboration with the UX team.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems, applications and/or components.
- Participate in the agile software development life cycle, including but not limited to solutions review, validations and retrospective meetings.
- Utilise backend services, and expand our architecture.
- Refactor, optimise and improve our existing codebase.
- Use Test-Driven Development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality.
- Engage other stakeholders around all tasks, evaluations, suggestions, schedules and technical and process issues.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development,and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years' experience as a PHP Developer
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorisation patterns
- Integrating data from multiple sources and databases
- Knowing the limitations of PHP and how to work around them
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel)
- Good relational database skills (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- Proven expertise in working with API services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration)
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Strong preference for or deep understanding of open-source solutions
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work unsupervised, or with a team as required, and to collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
- An almost unhealthy level of enthusiasm for good documentation.
- Organised, flexible, and a self-starter.
We invest in our employees
Employees are encouraged to identify opportunities to upskill themselves, and we contribute towards relevant training and courses.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company's Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In with the POPIA the usage of your personal data and sensitive personal data will be used for the following purposes, communicate with you regarding positions you have applied for, assess your skills, qualifications and suitability as well as obtain references and background checks when necessary.