Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Reports to: Head of Marketing
1-grid is a leading web hosting company with a well-established customer base that is passionate about delivering top-quality hosting solutions to SMEs in South Africa. We're on a mission to grow businesses online with simple and reliable products, and we're looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to join our marketing team and help us bring our vision to life.
What to expect
As a Product Marketing Specialist at 1-grid, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to promote our products within the web hosting industry. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive product awareness, customer acquisition, and revenue growth.
- Conduct in-depth market research to identify trends, competitors, and customer needs within the web hosting industry. Analyse data to make informed product and marketing decisions.
- Define and refine the positioning and messaging for our products, highlighting their unique features, benefits, and value proposition.
- Develop and implement comprehensive go-to-market plans for new product launches and updates, including pricing strategies, target audience identification, and marketing channels.
- Collaborate with the content team to create compelling marketing collateral, including web content, guides, blog posts, case studies, and more.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to execute marketing campaigns that effectively reach and engage the target audience.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of marketing campaigns, product adoption, and customer feedback. Use data-driven insights to optimise strategies.
- Develop strategies to nurture and retain existing customers, focusing on upselling, cross-selling, and customer satisfaction.
- Continuously assess and report on the competitive landscape, providing insights for adapting pricing and staying ahead in the market.
- Interaction and relationship building with suppliers
Our ideal candidate has
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
- 3 - 5 years of proven experience in product marketing within the tech industry.
- Familiarity with the web hosting industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in marketing tools and analytics platforms.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Medical aid
- Retirement annuity plans
- Learning and development
- Quarterly team outing
- Flexibility in working hours between 07h00 and 10h00, Monday to Friday
How to Apply
If you're a skilled and motivated Product Marketing Specialist with an interest in the web hosting industry, we'd love to hear from you.
Join 1-grid and help shape the narrative of our industry by enabling our customers to build, manage, and scale their businesses online.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company's Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In with the POPIA the usage of your personal data and sensitive personal data will be used for the following purposes, communicate with you regarding positions you have applied for, assess your skills, qualifications and suitability as well as obtain references and background checks when necessary.