1-grid.com is a fast-growing web hosting company in Cape Town with an established customer base, recently acquired by recognised leaders in the internet services industry. We have the vision and resources to be the market leader in SA in the next 5 years; this vision is supported by an entrepreneurial culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and top performance.
We’re seeking a motivated front-end developer to join a fun, fast-paced and rewarding team. You’ll fit in perfectly with our team if you’re passionate about technology, always looking to learn new skills or refine existing ones, and treat every codebase as an adventure. You’ll be working as part of the marketing team to improve the performance of 1-grid’s website.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop user-friendly web pages, using markup languages like HTML.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and design mobile-based features.
- Develop quality mockups and prototypes.
- Design, code and maintain the company’s website.
- Work together with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Collect feedback from users and build solutions based on this data.
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Maintain brand consistency.
- Keep in touch with latest trends in web development.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years' experience of working on a Front-end Developer position.
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Good understanding of layout aesthetics and SEO principles.
- Knowledge of browser testing and debugging.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills with an ability to perform well in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work unsupervised, or with a team as required, and to collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
- An almost unhealthy level of enthusiasm for good documentation.
- Organised, flexible, and a self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- No ego – a willingness to pitch in and get the job done.
Our benefits are second to none — we look after our people!
- We look after your well-being and encourage a healthy lifestyle:
We pay 100% of your medical aid (Discovery & Vitality) — so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary.
- We think of your future:
Retirement Annuity — up to 5% co-contribution of your monthly salary.
- We invest in our employees:
Employees are encouraged to identify opportunities to upskill themselves, and we contribute towards relevant training and courses.