Senior Content Lead at 1-grid
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Reports to: Head of Marketing
1-grid is a leading web hosting company with a well-established customer base that is passionate about delivering top-quality hosting solutions to SMEs in South Africa. We're on a mission to grow businesses online with simple and reliable products, and we're looking for a Senior Content Lead to join our creative team and help us bring our vision to life.
What to expect
As the Content Lead at 1-grid, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our content strategy and ensuring the delivery of high-impact content that not only showcases our expertise in web hosting but also engages and educates our target audience. You will be responsible for overseeing content creation, and collaborating closely with design, and product teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality content across all brand touchpoints.
- Develop and implement a content strategy that aligns with the company's goals and resonates with our target audience.
- Create high-quality, engaging, and well-researched written content including, but not limited to articles, blog posts, web copy, emails, ads, videos, and social media posts.
- Conduct thorough research to gather information and data on the topics you are writing about, ensuring accuracy and credibility in their content.
- Participate in content planning and strategy discussions, helping to identify key topics, target audiences, and content goals.
- Optimise content for search engines by incorporating relevant keywords, on-page SEO, content structure, and other SEO best practices to improve visibility online.
- Reviewing and editing all content, as well as the work of junior and freelance writers, to ensure grammar, spelling, and overall quality standards are met.
- Collaborate with design, and product teams to align content with brand messaging and campaigns, ensuring a consistent and compelling narrative.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of the web hosting industry.
Our ideal candidate has
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- 3 - 5 years of proven experience in content marketing and strategy, preferably in the web hosting or tech industry.
- Leadership skills with the ability to inspire and mentor junior content writers.
- Proficiency in SEO best practices and content optimisation.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS), Asana, Grammarly, ChatGPT, and marketing automation tools.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Expertise in writing across a range of mediums and platforms.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work efficiently.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into engaging and simple content.
- Ability to develop the brand voice of the organisation.
- Medical aid
- Retirement annuity plans
- Learning and development
- Quarterly team outing
- Flexibility in working hours between 07h00 and 10h00, Monday to Friday
How to Apply
If you are a seasoned content marketer with a track record of leading successful content teams and an interest in the web hosting industry, we'd love to hear from you.
Join 1-grid and help shape the narrative of our industry by delivering impactful and engaging content to our audience. Your expertise will be instrumental in elevating our brand.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company's Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In with the POPIA the usage of your personal data and sensitive personal data will be used for the following purposes, communicate with you regarding positions you have applied for, assess your skills, qualifications and suitability as well as obtain references and background checks when necessary.