1-grid.com is a fast-growing web hosting company in Cape Town with an established customer base, recently acquired by recognised leaders in the internet services industry. We have the vision and resources to be the market leader in SA in the next 5 years; this vision is supported by an entrepreneurial culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and top performance.
The primary responsibility of the Product Manager is to drive business growth by identifying, improving and managing the product portfolio of 1-Grid. This includes but is not limited to product specifications, timetables, pricing and marketing opportunities and strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation and ongoing management of new and existing products.
- Develop, track and present planned and ad-hoc product performance updates.
- Constantly driving customer relevant information and needs including conducting market research to know the customer and potential customers and identify needs as well as finding solutions to customer pain points etc.
- Analysing available internal data to understand customer/product behaviour.
- Analysis, research and positioning of product lines to appeal to customers.
- Develop, implement and execute plans to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
- Work with the Marketing Team to effectively and accurately communicate product offerings to customers.
- Strategize and plan SEM and SEO tasks efforts with the Paid Media Manager.
- Work with the broader Marketing Team to develop cost-effective marketing plans.
- Interaction and relationship building with suppliers i.e. ZACR; OpenSRS; Basekit; Ranking Coach etc.
- Coordinate and improve product delivery process across multiple departments.
- Develop communication plans and building strategies to engage customers with product.
- Coordinate resolution of issues arising from relevant products.
- Managing/developing processes and training of new products or updates to existing product portfolio.
Qualifications, Experience & Skillset:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (or equivalent experience).
- Proven work experience (5 years+) in B2B and B2C product management for an online business.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Sound technical background with understanding of and/or hands-on experience with hardware, software development and web technologies.
- A sound understanding of customer experience.
- The ability to proactively identify and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Solid experience in researching market trends and competitor analysis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Independent and a team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company's Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In line with POPIA the usage of your personal data and sensitive personal data will be used for the following purposes, communicate with you regarding positions you have applied for, assess your skills, qualifications and suitability as well as obtain references and background checks when necessary.