1-grid.com is a fast-growing web hosting company in Cape Town with an established customer base, recently acquired by recognised leaders in the internet services industry. We have the vision and resources to be the market leader in SA in the next 5 years; this vision is supported by an entrepreneurial culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and top performance.
The primary responsibility of the Content Lead is to take ownership of the brand’s content strategy and drive content performance across channels. We are looking for a creative, self-motivated individual, with a passion for branded content and storytelling and a keen eye for detail, to join our team. You will join a fast-paced, hands-on environment to conceptualise, create, curate and syndicate content to increase brand awareness and conversion rates.
Channel / strategy owner for 1-grid:
- Social Media
- Website / Blog
- PR / Publicity
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and own the content strategy in line with business and communication objectives and drive its implementation across owned, earned and paid channels
- Oversee the generation of content across digital and traditional channels, including website, blog, social media, email marketing, publicity, PR talking points etc
- Maintain and evolve USPs per service/product line in collaboration with leadership and in line with competitor and industry movement, and customer needs
- Compellingly communicate the brand’s story, and have the ability to visualise how content can be best presented and used as a lead generation tool
- Work alongside design and development teams to make relevant updates to the website
- Work alongside the creative team on content creation and production for social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin
- Work alongside the paid media team to create digital paid media campaigns (Google & social platforms)
- Work alongside the PR team on partner, media, influencer, and affiliate communications
- Take charge of social media insights gathering, scheduling, and reporting (using relevant industry tools like Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Creator Studio, Linkedin Business, Later.com, Hootsuite, Google Analytics)
- Measure the results of content marketing activities through effective attribution strategies and use data to make informed decisions around budget allocation based on the effectiveness of content, channels and tactics
- Oversee community management across social media platforms
- Conduct ongoing research into industry and competitor best practices
- Support in other marketing activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualification (degree or diploma, or equivalent experience)
- Marketing/advertising strategy, copywriting or journalism background
- Strong background in short form writing: social media posts, headlines, calls-to-action
- Understanding of user experience and SEO
- 4-6 years’ content strategy/content management experience gained a in similar role, in an in-house studio or at an agency
- Conceptualising, brainstorming and idea-generating ability
- Advanced capability in related software, notably MS Office, and relevant industry tools like Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Creator Studio, Linkedin Business, Later.com, Hootsuite, Google Analytics
- Experience in image or video editing software will be advantageous: Adobe CS, Canva, Video Editor/Final Cut
- Experience in email setup and broadcast tools will be advantageous: Mailchimp, Mailerlite
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and able to work independently
- Ability to perform under pressure
- A team player
Our benefits are second to none — we look after our people!
- We look after your well-being and encourage a healthy lifestyle:
We pay 100% of your medical aid (Discovery & Vitality) — so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary.
- We think of your future:
Retirement Annuity — up to 5% co-contribution of your monthly salary.
- We allow flexibility:
Our working hours are flexible and you may work a hybrid model after you have been employed for 6 months.
- We invest in our employees:
Employees are encouraged to identify opportunities to upskill themselves, and we contribute towards relevant training and courses.