About us 1-grid.com is a fast-growing web hosting company in Cape Town with an established customer base, recently acquired by recognised leaders in the internet services industry. We have the vision and resources to be the market leader in SA in the next 5 years; this vision is supported by an entrepreneurial culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and top performance.
As a Windows System Administrator at 1-grid, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability, security, and optimal performance of our IT infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and maintain systems, applications, and services across both virtual and physical environments. Your expertise in Windows-based technologies will be crucial in managing our internal systems, including SCOM, Active Directory and Office365, to support the daily operations of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design, implementation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of systems, applications, and services in virtual and physical environments.
- Manage and maintain critical internal and hosting infrastructure
- Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Conduct capacity planning and management for hosting, office, and networking infrastructure to ensure optimal performance.
- Adhere to security best practices at all times and ensure that security measures are operational and effective.
- Monitor system logs, analyze performance data, and troubleshoot and resolve system-related issues.
- Provide training and third-level support to support departments, assisting them in resolving complex technical issues.
- Participate in incident response and problem management to minimize downtime and maintain system availability.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes to enhance system security and performance.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into the existing environment to improve efficiency and functionality.
- Document all changes made to the environment and adhere to change control processes to maintain a clear record of system modifications.
- Perform system performance tuning and provide recommendations to enhance overall system efficiency.
- Make security recommendations and implement best practices for hardening systems to safeguard company data.
- Backup Management: Ensure that backups are up to date and recoverable
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Windows Systems Administrator or similar position
- M365 Administration
- Microsoft Systems Centre Suite (VMM, ORCH, SCOM)
- Scripting and automation (PowerShell)
- Windows Server 2012 through 2022 with a solid understanding of Windows security fundamentals.
- Active Directory architecture and replication in a multi domain environment
- Strong understanding of IIS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
- Database configurations and administration of MSSQL & MySQL
- Experience administrating Hyper-V Virtual infrastructure
- Monitoring systems, ex. PRTG / Grafana, others
- Proficient with server resource management (disk/memory), performance management
- Network experience advantageous
- Microsoft certification is advantageous