We're looking to hire a hardworking, experienced Senior Full Stack Web Developer with a passion for building and scaling high-quality web applications. The role requires expertise in multiple languages, and the ability to see a project through its lifecycle from ideation to go-live. The successful candidate will need to operate on both a strategic and technical level – your work will make a difference to our business, and you will play an integral role in how our product and company evolve.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems, applications and components.
- Learn the business domain and participate in the requirements gathering process.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality.
- Participate in the agile software development lifecycle, including but not limited to solutions review, validations and retrospective meetings.
- Utilise backend services, and expand our architecture.
- Refactor, optimise and improve the existing codebase.
- Use Test Driven Development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality.
- Engage other stakeholders around all tasks, evaluations, suggestions, schedules and technical and process issues.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development, and engage in knowledge sharing with the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ previous experience as a Full Stack Developer.
- Experience in full-lifecycle product management.
- Strong understanding of PHP, AngularJS, React, and Node.js.
- Experience with JS-based tools including Bower, Grunt and Gulp.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Strong preference for or deep understanding of open-source solutions.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel).
- Experience with Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work unsupervised, or with a team as required, and to collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
- An almost unhealthy level of enthusiasm for good documentation.
- Organised, flexible, and a self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- No ego – a willingness to pitch in and get the job done.