We are looking for a highly skilled Linux DevOps specialist to support an existing development team, and also to innovate and drive best practices in our operational team. We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate and creative person skilled in problem solving. We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box and can deliver with minimal oversight, to join our fast-paced and stimulating environment.
You will work with the network-administration / systems-administrations teams who support and manage our hosting environment. You will work with the other DevOps engineers and the rest of the team to streamline how we work and drive other opportunities to create value. You will also join the support roster and be part of the production support team.
- Support and manage our hosting environment
- Support our development team
- Find opportunities to streamline how we work
- Drive opportunities for efficiencies
- Knowledge sharing – support and upskilling of the rest of the team
- Championing relevant documentation
- Experience in deploying highly available automated Linux-based systems
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and how the internet works
- Experience with containerisation, Docker etc
- Experience in automating with Ansible or similar tools
- A good understanding of databases, database design and optimization
- Experience with coding, ideally backend services in Python, PHP reasonable understanding of web technologies
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Proven ability and interest in picking up new technologies quickly, leading evaluations and providing suggestions of key technologies to base future development around
- Great problem solving ability, especially under pressure
- A passion to lead and mentor more junior DevOps engineers
- An ability to explain and articulate technical detail clearly to technical management and developers
- Understanding of the importance of writing documentation and training other staff on operating platforms
- Architecting, deploying, maintaining and scaling platforms
Our benefits are second to none — we look after our people!
- We look after your well-being and encourage a healthy lifestyle:
We pay 100% of your medical aid (Discovery & Vitality) — so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary.
- We think of your future:
Retirement Annuity — up to 5% co-contribution of your monthly salary.
- We invest in our employees:
Employees are encouraged to identify opportunities to upskill themselves, and we contribute towards relevant training and courses.